Case Study: Payroll Provider
From platform integration to customer engagement
Supporting a contractor payroll provider with Dynamics 365
City Dynamics delivers a powerful Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution to centralise data for accurate reporting and improved customer engagement.
Our client provides payment, compliance and tax services for temporary contract workers, primarily in the construction industry. Operating for more than 20 years, they have supported 1000+ UK businesses and made contractor payments of £2billion+.
The client had an extensive set of requirements, including:
- Support to improve their Microsoft Dynamic 365 Sales system
- Migrate their on-premise ERP system to Microsoft Dynamics Business Central to eliminate the need for server space in their offices
- Automation of their customer service case management and ‘onboarding contractors’ process
- Improve communications for current and prospective clients
- Provide a centralised data source for more accurate reporting
City Dynamics rebuilt the client’s sales process flow in Dynamics 365 Sales to improve sales engagements. We also switched the client to Dynamics Business Central in the cloud, eliminating the need for serve space in their office.
To improve case management and onboarding, we implemented a document merging solution with Power Automate to capture electronic signatures. We then set up Dynamics 365 Marketing to improve communications with current and prospective clients.
City Dynamics integrated all the various platforms and built a Datawarehouse in Azure so the client could report from one data source.
To further improve engagements, Sales Accelerator is used to identify clients who need more engagement and improve interactions overall. We also built a PowerApps Canvas app into the CRM system, which means SMS messages can be sent to contractors on-site directly from the CRM.
- All data from across the business is consolidated onto one cloud platform providing a single version of the truth
- The business can fully engage a contractor from initial contact to payroll on one platform
- Accurate real-time reporting using Power BI is now available across the entire business
- Improved engagements at the right frequency for all clients
- Objectives and key results (OKRs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) can be used to better manage the business
- Reduced data costs
City Dynamics has a very strong partner relationship with this client, and our expertise is integral when it comes to their strategic technology requirements moving forward. To help the business with continual growth and to differentiate against competitors, we have implemented an agile process for working together that facilitates future changes.