Case Study: IT services provider
Reducing billing time from 4 days to 4 hours
Supporting an IT business solution provider with Dynamics 365 Business Central. City Dynamics delivers a tailored, cloud-based Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central solution to help a UK-based company to optimise their subscription payments and billing processes.
Our client has been operating for 20 years and specialises in the delivery of business services and IT solutions to boost growth, improve efficiency and minimise risk for their clients across the banking and financial services sector.
The company wanted to migrate their on-premise system to the cloud. They also needed to minimise processes involving recurring manual interaction, which was increasing their risk of data error and ultimately, causing the company to miss billing.
Our client was working with an increasing number of subscription-based customers and needed to dramatically improve their billing process in terms of accuracy and speed. Billing was taking 3-4 days a month, bills were checked manually, and two billing systems needed to be integrated. In addition, labour-intensive manual processes such as collecting direct debits and posting cash were time consuming, costly and error-prone.
City Dynamics developed and implemented a solution built on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (BC SaaS)
Additional solution components included:
- Subscriptions billing extension
- GoCardless extension for automated direct debits collection
- Accounts payable (AP) automation
- Jet and Power BI for improved management reporting
- General ledger (GL) reporting redesign
The project was successfully completed to a tight deadline that was specified as mid-month between the client’s billing cycles. In addition to the above, the City Dynamics team carried out comprehensive Business Central user and new user training sessions for the client’s team, and seamlessly delivered a data migration for the company’s mid-term contracts.
As soon as the project was completed, the client was enjoying a range of benefits:
- By eliminating the risk of missed billing, the client’s billing values doubled
- Time taken for monthly subscription billing reduced from 4 days to 4 hours
- processes dramatically reduce errors caused by manual data entry, which results in higher-quality data and a single source of the truth that is reliable and trustworthy
- Critical information can be accessed in real-time by everyone who needs it, wherever they are working.
For this project, the City Dynamics team drew on our wealth of knowledge and experience, especially in the following areas:
- Subscriptions billing processes
- Accountancy (our team includes qualified accountants)
- Business processes and analytics
- Data migration advisory services and unique skillsets.