As a Business Consultant you will have ownership of the client from initial engagement to go live, you will work with a talented team to deliver solutions. You’ll be in a privileged position where your daily efforts would change and evolve businesses to achieve their full potential and the lives of people working in the businesses.
We’re a Microsoft Gold partner based in London delivering cutting edge business solutions using Microsoft Dynamics 365 technology, revolutionising the way businesses function. We’re not about fitting in, but about standing out and making a difference to our clients and team. This is one of the most exciting times to work in business consultancy as the next wave of change from on-premise to cloud technology is taking place. City Dynamics are at the forefront, helping our clients though the transformation.
Mediocrity has no place at City Dynamics, it’s all about working towards brilliance. We recognise that brilliant people make a brilliant company. As our people grow and develop and strive towards brilliance then so does City Dynamics.
This is no small feat, as a lean organisation all your efforts will be impactful to our clients, City Dynamics and most importantly to yourself, there is no room here to sit back and not be noticed.
So, if you are a believer like me on ‘Why fit in when you were born to stand out’ a famous quote by Dr Seuss, (one of my favourite authors), then you’d be excited by this role.
What will you be doing?
As your role progresses as a business consultant your scope and responsibilities will increase, which would include the below:
- Communicating with clients (including face to face) to discuss requirements and explain possible technical solutions in human language
- Planning and documenting technical solutions. Overall accountable for quality and suitability of client technical solutions: project and support, as well as all internal technical solutions.
- Create business solution to address the clients need for change
- Document suggested business solution and present solution to clients and address questions
- Create a technical Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution detailing how the Dynamics technology will be applied to the business solution
- Implementation of the Dynamics 365 technical solution, configuration, customisation and integrations
- Continuously developing and deepening your knowledge on the D365 platform, through project experience, passing Microsoft Certification at a functional and technical level consultant, engage in the wider knowledge sources – D365 community, conferences and twitter feeds etc.
- Become a subject matter expert in a Dynamics 365 application, become the go-to person on the application
- Enhancing the client experience with City Dynamics at all contact
To Be Successful in this Role:
- You’ll have a growth mindset, passion for knowledge and the want to learn and evolve
- You’ll be looking to progress a career in consulting and have a keen interest in Business and technology
- You’ll engage with different sources to keep abreast of new emerging Microsoft Technology; online training courses, blogs, social media ie twitter feeds, linkedIn etc. You will also be willing to invest some of your own time for developing your technical skills.
- You’ll need to care about our clients and your colleagues, be sincere in supporting them to solve their issues and celebrate with them in their successes.
- Be an excellent communicator, be able to communicate and engage with people at all levels of an organisation and build productive relationships.
- Manage your time effectively, know how to prioritise your workload and complete tasks within your given deadlines.
- You’ll be willing to travel to client sites, locally, nationally and internationally.
- A degree with a stem/technology/IT base
- Commercial experience